A fantastic opportunity exists for an application developer to join a Superannuation company in Melbourne CBD.
This is a permanent position and the individual will be required to design, develop, unit test and document robust solutions for the clients internal
systems and web applications. Within the role your responsibilities will include but not be limited to working closely with the BA's, BSA's and
architects to advise and contribute to the design documents; work within the SDLC develop functionality that implements the technical solution;
participate in code reviews and other QA and SDLC initiatives to ensure code is of high quality; as needed write scripts, jobs, batches that support
development, test and production environments.
The successful candidate for this role will be trained on the clients administration systems and will be taught the architecture and development
standards hence there will little requirement for other development languages. You will be developing in a NEW language and technologies that are
specific to the administration system so you must be prepared to move away from you current development language.
To be successful for this role you will have the following skills:
• Exposure to systems development & implementation
• Understanding of end to end IT applications SDLC (Software Development Life-Cycle).
• Ability to analyse and design new application requirements and introduce to the users in a structured manner;
• Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of issues, requirements and outcomes;
• Commitment to quality and efficiency;
• Exposure to the Java programming language (preferred technology)
• Understanding of subversion and ant/maven
• Understanding of a workflow system
• Exposure to SQL Server databases
• Knowledge of superannuation processes
• Relevant experience in a software development environment and/or the superannuation industry is preferred
• .NET skills would be advantageous but not essential
The client is willing to look at candidates who have a couple of years commercial experience and are now looking for that next step in their career
and prepared to learn new technologies.
It is a fantastic company with great development prospects.
Job TypePermanent LocationMelbourne CategoryEngineer: Software CompanyPRA
In order to apply for this job, please click on the Apply button