Resource Manager - North Sydney (S24)
6 month+ contract
Excellent rates on offer
A large and forward thinking organisation requires the services of an experienced Resource Manager to provide strategic guidance and effective
solutions for the allocation of personnel across multiple large, and diverse project streams.
As Resource Manager, you will report directly into the General Manager and senior management team, offering strategy around project resources
including: analysis, co-ordination, allocation and reporting as-well-as contract management and adminstration - working closely with the
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing detailed forward work plans, project schedules, project estimates and existing resource plans to analyse and determine future
resourcing needs and staffing requirements.
- Daily involvement in the scheduling and assignment of resources for client engagements.
- Providing up-to-date information to management regarding all resources, particularly allocation percentages, availability and early
identification of over-allocation.
- The design of a new resource allocation database or develop improvements to the existing resource allocation database.
- The keeping of all records related to recruitment and contract management.
- Providing regular and ad hoc management information to Management on professional services contract management.
- Preparing for and attending the weekly scheduling meetings where all resource requirements are discussed.
- Responding to Resource Requests via email or formal memo.
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with recruitment agencies regarding new and existing contracts.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience working in a PMO and adhering to project and program methodology, and related policies and procedures.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Advanced Microsoft Project, Excel and preferably Clarity Resource Management skills.
- Understanding of project metrics around estimation variance and cycle time.
- Familiarity with professional services (contracting) environment.
- Good commercial sense and an understanding of the basic dynamics of day rates, margins, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and able to calmly prioritise conflicting demands.
- Professional telephone manner and able to handle commercial discussions with agency representatives.
- Good communication skills, awareness of the importance of updating interested parties efficiently and effectively.
- Attention to detail and able to maintain accurate records.
- Self-starter, able to manage a changing workload.
This is the first role of it's kind within the organisation, so my client anticipates the role to grow organically with the right person and
direction in place.
For consideration, please send an up-to-date copy of your resume.